Nigella Sativa Seeds ★ Health Beneficial Plant
Nigella sativa is an annual flowering plant, native to south and southwest Asia
Flowers are delicate Nigella Sativa provides great health benefits
Seeds can be harvested and sprinkled on any of your meals
Wonderful and attractive addition to your herb or flower garden
Planting instructions included with purchase
Height 2 feet
200 seeds in package
Shipping and Handling Discount - Regular shipping price for first purchase of seeds, additional $.50 for each seed purchase there after. Please do not make payment until you receive an invoice with shipping discount applied.
1. High blood pressure - Published in the journal Fundamentals of Clinical Pharmacology, researchers found extract from Nigella Sativa to cause a significant decrease in LDL cholesterol and blood pressure, offering a natural treatment for mild forms of hypertension.
2. Asthma - Multiple studies, including this one published in the journal Phytomedicine, has found Nigella sativa to possess anti-asthmatic effects. One even found it superior to conventional drug treatment.
3. Sore throat - Research indicates that Nigella Sativa is an effective treatment for acute tonsillopharyngitis with tonsil or throat tissue inflammation. Basically, it can relieve viral sore throats.
4. Radiation Damage Control - The active compound thymoquinone has been found to protect brain tissue from radiation-induced damage. Researchers say the substance is able to “clearly protect brain tissue from radiation-induced nitrosative stress.”
5. Morphine Addiction and Toxicity Prevention - A study published in Ancient Science of Life found Nigella sativa to reduce the indications of morphine intoxication, tolerance, and addiction. Could this seed be the answer to opiate dependence?
6. Protection Against Chemical Weapons - Researchers from Mashhad University of Medical Sciences in Iran found a tincture of Nigella Sativa able to reduce the symptoms of chemical weapons exposure including wheezing, respiratory symptoms, and even the need for drug treatment.
7. Post-Surgical Scar Prevention - Tested on areas of post-operative trauma, Nigella sativa was found to protect peritoneal surfaces from scarring or adhesion formation.
8. Psoriasis - Applied topically to psoriasis inflammation, Nigella Sativa was able to increase epidermal thickness and soothe eruptions.
9. Parkinson’s Disease - An extract of thymoquinone, from Nigella Sativa , was shown to protect neurons from toxicity associated with Parkinson’s disease and dementia in a study published in Neuroscience Letters.
10. Cervical Cancer - In a cervical cancer cell line, extracts of thymoquinone were able to trigger apoptosis or cell death, slow cancer progression, and stop the spread of the cancer.
PLEASE NOTE : WILL NOT SHIP TO FLORIDA, USA
CANNOT SHIP TO FOLLOWING STATES IN USA - FLORIDA, GEORGIA, ALABAMA, TENNESSEE, AND MISSISSIPPI (or any other state with a zip code beginning with a 3)